The modern gambling market knows no borders, so representatives of different countries and cultures often meet in gambling establishments. As a result, there may be dramatic differences in mentality even among visitors who speak the same language. Therefore, guests should be united not only by the rules of the game, but also by ethical standards.
Ethics as one of the methods of communication in casino
Ethics in this case is the basis for full-fledged communication "player-staff" and "player-player". Ignorance or disregard for ethical standards can lead to misunderstandings and false attitudes about the situation. About the rules of ethics in most gambling establishments - in our article.
Some rules taken from everyday life can be especially important in a gambling establishment environment.
- When a client sits down to play poker and decides on a big bet, the level of value of what is happening increases at times, and from this point on, stress resistance also plays an important role. Ethics at the poker table will help save money, because it involves restraint in emotions, gestures and facial expressions. In other words, it is not about "Poker face" by force, but about refraining from particularly harsh comments towards the dealer or opponent.
- It is not recommended to rush the opponent at the table or give him a specific time for which you need, for example, to make a bet. In the opposite case, it will be perceived as an element of pressure, which is taken very seriously when a lot of money is involved in the game.
- You must exit the draw correctly, warning about this in advance. In each particular institution, it is recommended to clarify about the so-called hit-and – run-a case when a player immediately leaves the game table after a large pot. The best option is a warning about leaving during the draw in the last betting round, when there are still 20 minutes of play ahead.
- In some casinos, a comment may be made if the player has entered his seat from the dealer's side. It is also considered a bad move if one of the guests looks behind the other's back or comes too close from the back. This behavior can be regarded as fraud and banal peeping into other people's cards.
- When playing slots, you should not take places where someone's belongings are left.
- It is important to remember that in some casinos, a gesture system is also assumed during the game. In order not to get into an embarrassment and not slow down the process, it is better to familiarize yourself with the rules in advance.
- Some croupiers disapprove of players who take cards with two hands instead of one after dealing them. Especially anxious guests may regard this as cheating and make claims.
- You should be careful about tips in the gambling environment. At the very least, a person may think that they are being belittled because they are being given advice. As a maximum, if the Council is accepted and then lost, the charges may be directed towards the adviser. It is important to take a responsible approach to this issue. The best solution is to ask if you can make a recommendation about the game.
In many ways, the principles of ethics are the same and transferred to gambling from everyday life, in which they also do not take up space in transport if someone's thing is lying there, or do not look into someone else's smartphone when they are forced to stand next to it. When visiting a casino in Europe or Asia, you should adhere to the norms of local culture, so as not to provoke a conflict situation. Even if the native does not understand the language of the foreigner, it is always more likely that he will perceive the guest positively if he shows him that he knows and supports the local norms of behavior.